Home Forums News & Community Make Your Voices Heard at the Stand Up For Liberty Rally at the Capitol! Reply To: Make Your Voices Heard at the Stand Up For Liberty Rally at the Capitol!

Chris
Keymaster

The speakers at the Stand Up For Liberty Rally came from different parts of South Dakota and shared personal stories that were moving and inspiring!

Florence Thompson
Florence Thompson from Rapid City shared the VICTORY of electing four conservative candidates out of four open school board positions, on a board of seven!

The coalition of groups coming together to make this happen was amazing. She noted that SD Citizens for Liberty (SDCFL), SD Parents Involved in Education (SDPIE), homeschoolers, veterans, patriots, Wing Nuts, taxpayer organizations, ranchers, business people, and many others came together to elect them.

Florence also shared several important events that are coming up in her area. (Please check back…we will post these events on our calendar when we get all the details.)

Read an article about what they accomplished: VOTERS REJECT WOKE EDUCATION IN RAPID CITY, SOUTH DAKOTA

Mike Mueller
Mike Mueller, President of the South Dakota Citizens for Liberty (SDCFL), shared a past VICTORY of a lawsuit against the IRS. They were targeted by the IRS to the point where they joined a class-action suit against them. Three years ago, the courts made a decision in their favor and they received a share of the $3.1 million settlement.

Mike also spoke about the continued growth and involvement of the members in his group. He shared some of their events and collaborations with other groups like PeoplesRule and American Stewards of Liberty.

SDCFL challenged the Rapid City Area School’s school bond issue, and won! They also fought a wheel tax and led the fight against a mask mandate in Rapid City, and the City Council supported them.

The SDCFL motto is: “I will lay down my life so my children can have freedom….but I will not lay down their freedom so I can have a life.”

Learn more: http://sdcitizensforliberty.org

Alexis and Her Daughter Lilly
Alexis and her daughter Lilly from Sioux Falls were unable to attend the rally, so they sent their story, which was read at the rally. See highlights of the story below.

I decided to start my own South Dakotans Against Mandated Masks Facebook group…

By March, I had come a long way. I had 700 people in my Facebook group. I had this idea to use my numbers to our advantage. I asked that we speak at the city council meeting, move all of our chairs together, and sit as a united front.

I encouraged my group to take the liberal approach of appealing to stories, feelings, and experiences versus the logical approach of science, which falls on deaf ears of most council members….

I was up first. Only this time, I brought Lily. I told her to write a speech about her experiences at school as a non-masker….

She did fantastic both writing her speech, and presenting it. Then I proceeded with my speech….we were a newfound family unified from all across Sioux Falls on a common belief and the ordinance was voted to expire!

See the video of Lilly and Alexis speaking at the Sioux Falls City Council meeting. They are the first speakers at around the 8-minute mark: City of Sioux Falls Council Meeting March 9, 2021

Reed Bender
Reed Bender from Mitchell shared his story of attending the local school board meetings and standing up against the mask mandates. It became clear to him pretty quickly that the school board members did not care and did not want to hear what he had to say.

At his third school board meeting, they called the police because Reed would not wear a mask. (He had not worn a mask at the previous two meetings, either.) The police came and Reed stood his ground. The police dragged him out of the meeting.

Reed shared that, after the video of that event went viral, many people shared their support and some had the courage to take off their masks. And, he stressed the importance of getting involved and standing up against these unconstitutional restrictions, even though you may not want to.

See the video clip of Reed that Michelle Malkin featured on her show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECuxOE9k8ac&t=382s

Note: Reed has been indicted on obstructing the police, and he has a court case with a jury in August. We will be in touch with Reed again to see how best we can support him.

We The People Hold the Power! See the photo below, taken as we were setting up for the rally.

We The People rule

Get involved in your local communities. See the groups and organizations across this state: South Dakota Groups