Home Forums Daily Spark of Liberty Friday, April 30, 2021 Supreme Court to Hear Case on Second Amendment Reply To: Friday, April 30, 2021 Supreme Court to Hear Case on Second Amendment

cindy
Participant

After reading the above information I have just realized how little I know about the Second Amendment. Most people don’t know, myself included, that the Second Amendment does not give us the right to bear arms. Isn’t this what we always hear repeated over and over again. Here is the truth.

“The Second Amendment states that the right to bear arms “shall not be infringed”; it does not confer that right. The Second Amendment is an admonition to government that it may not take away your right to bear arms, which is inherent.” https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/the_second_amendment_does_not_give_us_the_right_to_bear_arms.html
The right to protect oneself is an unalienable right just like the right to breath, the right to make decisions about health, etc. The Constitution supports these unalienable rights. Let’s not give the supreme court any more power than necessary. Yes we all want order in the world, but without liberty we have slavery.